It’s pretty easy to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on home improvement projects. But if you find a simple and chic way to do it yourself, you can often get similar results for a fraction of the projected professionally done price.
Take this bathroom countertop makeover that Maureen of Made by Marzipan tackled. Not only does it look just like expensive granite, the whole project rang in at just over $50!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1×4 ft. wood (backsplash)
- Zinsser quart tinted primer
- Copper leafing
- Painter’s tape
- Natural sea sponge
- Foam brushes
- Martha Stewart Lampblack Textured Metallic Paint
- Martha Stewart Cast Bronze Metallic Paint
- Envirotex Lite resin epoxy
If you’re looking for a more detailed how-to of her project, check out the step-by-step guide here!