Holiday parties abound, full of tacky sweaters, sparkly dresses, irritating company, and lots of drinking.
Of course, to get all that booze down, youll need a few party snacks, and only the chicest will do. Were talking dainty cheeses a la France, not cheese balls a la Susan next door. We also mean smoked salmon cups along with beautifully laid lox nestled with chives, capers, and artisan breads.
To get you started on your holiday party adventure, weve included the recipe for one of those things. Theyre not hard, but they are impossibly addicting AND so not diet, so beware, or else youll gain three pounds.
- 1 package (2.1 oz) frozen mini filo dough shells (there should be 15)
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp crme frache (if you cant find it, you can sub sour cream)
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsps. freshly grated lemon zest
- Black pepper
- 4-oz. package of smoked salmon, pieces thinly sliced into 15 pieces
- Fresh dill
- 3 tsps. black caviar (yassss)
Preheat the oven to 350F. Thaw the filo shells as directed on the package, then place them on a giant baking sheet and bake for like 10 minutes or until theyre lightly golden.
Mean-fucking-while, mix together the crme frache, cream cheese, lemon zest, and pepper. Once the shells are done, evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture among the shells.
Place a piece of salmon on top of each along with a sprig of dill and a teeeeeny bit of caviar. Serve with champagne and the knowledge that you’re totally better than everyone else.
Read more: www.betches.com