Video games, free snacks and napping pods pale in comparison to the best employee perks available today.
Glassdoor compiled a list of 20 companies that offer truly rewarding benefits, most of which involve extra money and paid vacation days.
The purpose of these benefits seems to be to make sure the employees have plenty of time to spend on fun and loved ones.
Here’s the full list.
- Male and female employees are given one paid year off after becoming new parents.
- Afterward, new parents can resume their jobs as full-time or part-time workers and can take all the time off they want during the first year of their returns.
- Employees are offered “Yay Days,” or two paid days off supposed to be devoted to the outdoors.
- Employees are allotted six paid days off a year in order to complete personal volunteer work.
- They also receive $1,000 a year to donate to charities they select.
- Parents get six months of paid leave and a month’s worth of flexible work options when they come back to work.
- Costs for egg freezing and fertility treatments are covered by the company.
5. World Wildlife Fund
- The Friday of every other week is an off day, or a “Panda Friday.”
- Employees are encouraged to travel and stay in an Airbnb listing, thanks to the $2,000 they each receive every year.
- Employees receive $1,200 a year forstudent loan debt.
- New parents get three paid months off, one month of part-time work and two counseling sessions dedicated to planning their returns to work.
9. Burton Snowboards
- During snowy winters, employees are given ski passes for the season and “snow days” meant exclusively for hitting the slopes.
- Employees are offered free Kindles and $30 a month to spend on books.
- On-site perks include three catered meals per day, along with free acupuncture and classes in improvisational comedy.
- Employees are fully compensated should they wish to undergo gender reassignments.
13. The Walt Disney Company
- Employees, as well as their friends and families, can visit Disney’s amusement parks for free and are offered discounts on hotels and merchandise from these locations.
- New parents get $4,000 to spend on infant-related expenses.
- The company offers team-oriented classes, like macaroon baking, through “Evernote Academy.”
16. Epic Systems
- Employment for five years is rewarded with four paid weeks off.
- During the summer and winter, the entire company shuts down for a full week.
- Employees are offered executive and life-coaching services that take place at other locations.
- Should an employee with a newborn travel, he or she is compensated for the shipment of breast milk.
- A surviving spouse or partner of a deceased employee is given 50 percent of the deceased employee’s salary for 10 years.
Subscribe to Elite Dailys official newsletter,The Edge, for more stories you don’t want to miss.