Throughout the days leading up to graduation, its as if were stuck in neutral.
Weve hit the pause button, and were chilling somewhere between the college life we loved, and the reality well soon have to face.
After handingin our final exams, we bid a bittersweet farewell to our professors and classes forever.
Were leavingbehind these lives weve grown so accustomed to. We made our mark, and now its time to make a new one.
But, we havent officially started the adulting phase yet.
Until we walk across that graduation stage, accept our diplomas and throw our caps in the air, were still in a period of half acceptance, half denial.
Here are themany thoughts that go through most of our minds in the days leading up to college graduation.
1. Wow, how is college already over?
2. But, halle-freaking-lujah. We made it!
3. Hold up does this mean I actually have to adult now?
4. So, turning up on a Tuesday and throwing it down on a Thursday are officially off the table?
5. Can instant noodles still pass as dinner?
6. Whatever, Im still eating them.
7.WAIT, I DONT WANT MY COLLEGE FRIENDS TO LEAVE ME.
8. Im going to bawl all day on graduation. All. Damn. Day.
9. Note: Dont forget the waterproof mascara.
10. And tissues. Lots of tissues.
11. I wish I could teleport back to freshman year.
12. Better yet, I want to go back to study abroad. Nix the study part, though, because did we study?
13. I could eat my heart out in Pinos paninis and Secret Bakery chocolate croissants right now.
14.Actually, SOMEONE GIVE ME MOZZARELLA STICKS, STAT.
15. Fuck. Im already crying.
16. This is all so bittersweet.
17. Im scared, happy, sad and I kinda-sorta want to scream from the top of a hill.
18. Can I hit the pause button for a bit and just chill with my friends in this in-between phase?
19. Once we walk across that graduation stage, college life as we know it is officially done. Finito.
20. Well never be undergrads again.
21. Just like that, college is going to forget about us.
22. Im turning into the sappiest person in the history of sappy people.
23. But really though, if anyone plays Vitamin Cs Graduation Song tonight, Im going to lose it.
24. And if someone talks about student debt, this chick is going to cry even harder.
25. Part of me hates to admit Im (low-key) excited about work life, because I feel like Im cheating on college.
26.At least Ill have moms home cooking to look forward to.
27. Bring on the spaghetti and meatballs, like whats GOOD.
28.I cant wait to hang out with the home squad.
29.At least Im going to be a classy working gal who goes to happy hour with her co-workers and (hopefully) has a 401K.
30. Oh, and Ill obviously towalk to work with a venti Starbucks cup in hand its necessary.
31. This cant all be bad, right?
32.For now, maybe I should just focus on not tripping onto the stage in my wedges.